Community Meeting #5Thursday, May 24, 2012 @ 06:30 PM
Please join us on THURSDAY MAY 24TH at 6:30pm for our fifth “Save Black Lake” community meeting to discuss our lake water quality.
Topics for this meeting will include:
- Implementation Grant from Dept of Ecology was approved for $50,000 instead of $100,000 we were hoping for.
- Discussion of implementation priorities given the reduced funding.
- Sign up for lake front residents who would like a lake mat (bethic barrier) installed around dock/swim areas to remove weeds.
- New pledge drive and fund raising ideas to raise the $12,500 (25% of $50,000 matching grant).
- Begin discussion about long term funding options for maintaining lake quality.
This very informative meeting will be held at Black Lake Bible Camp on Thursday, May 24th at 6:30pm.
As a community, we all have a vested interest in protecting our beautiful lake from invasive weeds that can take over if not controlled. We hope to see you at the meeting!
Meeting Date: May 24th, 2012
Meeting Time: 6:30pm
Location: Black Lake Bible Camp - 6521 Fairview Rd SW
Like us on Facebook to get frequent updates and interesting facts about Black Lake!